KLAMATH COUNTY, OR - On June 19, 2021, at approximately 7:16 P.M. an OSP Trooper from the Klamath Falls Area Command stopped a vehicle for failure to drive within its lane on U.S. Highway 97 near milepost 264. During the traffic stop, the Trooper noticed signs of criminal activity, and a consent search was conducted.
The search of the vehicle revealed:
- Approximately 55.1 pounds of Methamphetamine
- Approximately 2.2 pounds of Cocaine
- Approximately 1,027 grams of suspected Fentanyl pills concealed in the vehicle
The driver was identified as Daniel Ponce Gonzalez (36) from Yakima, Washington, and the passenger was identified as Benjamin Madrigal Birrueta (20) from Madera, California.
Mr. Ponce Gonzalez and Mr. Madrigal Birrueta were lodged at the Klamath County Jail for:
- Unlawful Possession and Delivery of Methamphetamine
- Unlawful Possession and Delivery of Cocaine
- Unlawful Possession and Delivery of a Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Forged Instrument
The Oregon State Police was assisted by Agents from the Medford Offices of the Department of Homeland Security Investigations and the Drug Enforcement Administration.